Geometry is a fundamental concept important for spatial reasoning and developing critical thinking. The course does not require any prior knowledge other than basic arithmetic skills, and introduces and explores Euclidean geometry; the basis for almost every other field of math. Emphasis will be placed on the logical presentation of mathematical proofs.
- definitions, axioms, and proofs
- triangle properties
- triangle congruence
- triangle similarity
- Pythagorean Theorem and related problems
- review of term one material
- the unit circle
- introduction to trigonometry
- metric relations in triangles
- course review
Appropriate for: Grade 5 – Adults
We are currently seeking enrolment for these classes. A minimum of 3 students per class is required. Please contact us for more information if you are interested!