Here students are offered the opportunity to work with air-dry clay, using various techniques to ultimately create something to be proud of. They will learn basic pottery techniques like creating slip and making pinch pots, while also developing their skills to attempt more advanced crafts. This includes sculpting with a variety of tools, and being able to work with a potter’s wheel!
- types of clay and what is glaze?
- pinch pots and coiled pots
- slip: its uses and how to make it
- using potter’s tools (trimming tools, potter’s needle, cut-off wire, etc.)
- using a potter’s wheel
- how to throw clay (centering your clay on the wheel)
- making a pot using a potter’s wheel
$219.99+HST – 10 weeks of 1.5 hour class
Trial session $15.00 lasts 1.5 hour. Should be booked at least 3 days prior to class
Pottery Classes – an additional $25 fee for supplies is applicable
We are currently seeking enrolment for these classes. A minimum of 3 students per class is required. Please contact us for more information if you are interested!